Sunday, March 8, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect!

The other night, I woke up at 3am to the sound of my dog (in bed) making the following sounds:

"Hoooorfff."

"HOOOORFFF!"

"HOORBBLGHGHGH!"

In my sleepy stupor, I had no idea what was going on, but I knew it wasn't good. Luckily, Ryan and his newfound fatherly instincts knew exactly what was going on and gave the dog a hefty boot to the butt just in time for him to throw up on the floor.

Of course, since this was the same vomit that the dog had thrown up, and then re-eaten earlier that day leading to this awkward conversation:

"Honey, did you clean up the dog barf?"

"No, I thought you did."

"Eww..."

So, we got a 2 for 1 special on dog barf cleanup service that day.

While I went back to sleep, Ryan cleaned up the floor and put the dog back in his own bed.

To me, this seems like damn good practice for the future. Of course, we should also start practicing squealing, "Oh! Isn't it ADORABLE!" while running for the camera to fully capture the experience.

1 comment:

HokieRider said...

Not preggers, but I had my own "this will come in handy when we have kids" moment. The dog either ate something or has the flu and has woken me up in the wee hours for the last two days. Its good though, cause this way he avoids crapping rocket fuel in my house.

Slagthor hanging in there?